Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Time

Well, I have to say that our girls beach trip was a success!!! We had so much fun!

I have been super busy and haven't really had time to blog lately, so I'm gonna try my best to catch everyone up to speed on what we have been doing. I had so much fun at the beach with my girlfriends! We laughed and cracked up the whole time!! The first 2 days we were there were absolutely beautiful...I have never seen the water so clear before! It kinda made me sad though because I know that will probably be the last time I'll get to see and play in the ocean for a LONG TIME! :( The last 2 days were cloudy and dreary, but we made the best of it and still got to play on the beach without burning up!! It was so good to see my girls ...it makes me super pumped for FOOTBALL season!!! I can't wait!

Thursday and Friday afternoon Brandon and I went to Valley to watch our niece Taylor play All Star softball. Brandon has been to a few games, but I had not. I think I might have been bad luck...they lost both games...but they are still moving on and get to play in Andalusia this weekend. We won't get to make it to those games because some of our good friends are getting married this weekend!

Hanna stayed Friday and we just hung out Saturday while we waited for Brandon to finish up his golf game. I don't know why I don't ever think to send sunscreen with him...he got way burnt while playing. Bad wife? nah...we'll just say forgetful! Anyway, we decided to go to AC Saturday and stay a few days there. We ate with Brandon's sister and our nephews Saturday night and then went home and fell asleep in the recliners!!

Sunday we grilled out with Brandon's fam and took some afternoon naps...well I took the naps for the most part :) We were going to watch the fireworks but we decided to have a show of our own....BAHA! I guess you could call it less than mediocre but it was fun and we got a few laughs out of it!!

Monday we didn't really do much either (we had a really lazy weekend). Brandon painted woman's rocking chairs; OH and for those of you who don't know, we call Brandon's mom Woman...it's something she's been called since I've known her so that's just how it goes :). Anyway, then we came back home to Opelika and I went to Angels antique mall with my mama, maw maw and Hanna. I loveeeeee Angels antique...if only I had a place for everything in there that I want!! Brandon and I went and brought groceries and then got ready for his softball game! We got ALLLLL the way to the softball complex in Auburn and Brandon realized the he forgot his CLEATS and GLOVE!!! That's like forgetting the plate and fork when you are about to eat! So needless to say, we had to go alllll the way back home and get it! They lost their first game but won the second one by A LOT! He did really good he hit the ball and got on base every time! I was very proud of him! He also got a little speed in him going to thrid base and "slid" and got a niceee strawberry on his knee : \ !! Any of you who have had a strawberry before know that they ooooze that junk out of them...well OF COURSE we didn't have any band aids and I didn't want any of that junk on our new sheets....soooo hahha hahaa.....ready for this? We decided to cut a sleeve off of an old T-shirt and tape it around his knee!! BAHA! I really wish you could live a day in our lives...it's quite amusing..but hey, it stayed on his knee all night so it served it's purpose! (:

Welp, that's about all for today!! Below are a few pics from the beach!!
-A




And last but not least, a picture of the beautiful beach!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment