Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Milkshake Monday

Okay, I will admit that I like to spend money…. but I love to SAVE money!! I am a huge bargain shopper! I think it kind of annoys Brandon because I'll take forever trying to pick out which box of spaghetti noodles I want to buy. Anyway, he and I did our grocery shopping yesterday after work....we have started shopping at Kroger since we moved to Opelika! I love Kroger!! Yesterday, I got on their website and they are having a summer sweepstakes give away. Usually I’m weary of sweeps because it eventually floods my inbox with junk mail, but I went ahead and tried it out. All you have to do is go on to http://www.kroger.com/ and you’ll see the ad there for the sweeps. Sign in and you’ll get a chance to spin the wheel. Well here I am sitting here at my desk at work and the wheel is spinning around and it stops….another screen pops up and tells me that I’m a WINNER!! I about jump out of my seat at work!! Turns out that I won a free Smart Balance Product…I was so proud hehe!! So if you win something Kroger automatically loads it to your Kroger card. Needless to say, I got a FREE tub of Smart Balance Butter, a $3.00 value…talk about being excited! On top of my FREE tub of butter, we saved $20.00 yesterday at Kroger!! I told Brandon that I feel like it’s a game and I win every time I come out of there....he of course looked at me like I was dumb and said “it doesn’t take much to excite you does it” :)

So we get home and Harley is going crazy running around the house because she’s gotta go OUT! I love when I come home and she’s soooo excited to see me! As I'm putting the groceries up, B decides that he is going to hook up our new sprinkler and water the yard; I think it's safe to say that the sprinkler won that match!! Haha! He came in soaked...it was funny to see him dodging that thing.

While we were at the grocery store, I had a hunkering for some ice cream in a CONE. After dinner, I proceeded to make me an ice cream cone (without an ice cream scooper..that's kinda hard!) and Brandon informs me that he think he's gonna make a "homemade peanut butter milkshake" ( I got a nervous at this point). It was so funny because he starts the whole thing out by narrating the process to Harley. "Harley, first we need to blow the dust off of the blender. Next, we are going to need: one gallon of milk, some ice cubes (this is where he went wrong), some vividly vanilla ice cream, and finally some peanut butter". He goes on and on and finally gets the ingredients into the blender and says "now Harley, do we want to puree or liquify this milkshake?"...I think he chose to puree it first and then he liquified it lol. In the mean time, I call his mom to see what a successful milkshake should have in it...she informed me that it doesn't need ice and we should probably add some vanilla flavoring in it. So here comes the big moment, he's pouring up the milkshake and goes to take a BIG gulp of it..............................he says "mmm : mmm, it's good".. I could tell that it wasn't good. He of course offered me some and I tasted it...I piratically had to chew all of the peanut butter that was in there!!! haha and then I noticed that there were little black specks floating around in there, he informed me that he added some of the cookie dough ice cream as well to try to help the taste! So that was our first attempt at homemade milkshakes, I just hope next time we are a little more successful and I think it's safe to say that B won't be working at Sonic anytime soon!!


That was pretty much our Monday, i'll leave you with a picture of Harley doing what she does best!


-A



No comments:

Post a Comment