Monday, June 14, 2010

Newbie


Hello all! After reading several of my friend's blogs, I have decided to start one of my own! I'm not sure that I fully understand all of the minor details right now but hopefully It will all grow on me soon.



To catch everyone up on what Brandon and I have been up to lately...We got married last year on July 18, 2009!! I cannot believe that we have almost been married for ONE whole year!! I am so excited!! I booked our anniversary trip last week, we are going to Savannah, Ga and I am beyond excited. I have always wanted to go there because it is so beautiful and charming. If anyone has ever been there and has any suggestions on what all there is to do there, feel free to fill me in!! Brandon and I have one 4-legged kiddo, Harley...she is the love of our lives!! So unlike others who post fun pics of their children, I will probably be posting pics of her!! She has the personality of a human but that's partly because she's 90% human and 10% dog!! Brandon and I just recently bought our FIRST home in Opelika. We really love it there...we are far away from the Auburn craziness but still close enough to everything!! We have really enjoyed having our "own" yard to play in and rooms to decorate!! Harley really likes it too, she has tons of room to run (not that she does)...most of the time she'll just go out and roll around in the yard.


This is the new Hutto residence!
The grass is green now so it looks so much better!!





Harley enjoying her new yard!
(she's not very lady-like sometimes)




We had a very fun and relaxing weekend. Friday we went to the Jazz Fest and boy was it H O T !
I think that it was one of the first Jazz Fests that it has not rained in a LONNNNG time, but the humidity made up for it! We went to dinner with some friends and then headed on down town, we really had a great time talking with friends and family that we have not seen in a while!

Saturday, I went to a baby shower for Sasha, a high school friend of mine. She is having a boy in the end of July! I am so happy for her she really looked great. The baby shower was fun because I got to be with some friends that I had not seen in a while. Afterwards, Brandon, Hanna (my sister) and I went to look for my dad a Father's Day gift...we were unsuccessful. We decided to go to dinner at Jake's, the new place downtown in Alex City. My dinner was okay..... : but Brandon and Hanna really enjoyed theirs. Later, we went to Mandy and Coy's new house!! They just got a house together and it is so cute, I can't wait until Mandy get's all of her wedding presents in there...i'm sure she's going to have it cutely decorated! The boys played Wii and Mandy and I talked wedding stuff. We did jump in on the Wii action and played a little Mario Bro's Winter Olympics. I can admit that I did blow everyone out of the water on the figure skating ;)


Sunday, we were really low key and didn't do much. After lunch, I went to my parent's house and helped my mom clean out some of my old stuff from my old room. I actually found some stuff that I had been saving "for our new house!!" ...it was kind of excited I felt like I went shopping without spending any money!! Brandon stayed at his parents house and helped his dad with some handy work. We left Alex City after a great weekend and came on back to the Hutto house!! You know, I love the feeling that I get every time we pull into the drive way at our new house!! I still get very excited! Walking in and the smells of us makes me so happy!! I did a little cleaning and organizing (to make room for all of the new stuff I brought home :) )

Well, that kinda sums up our weekend!! Here are a few pics of our weekend!! Enjoy!

She was sleeping so peacefully on the way to Alex City friday...I tried to get a pic of her but she caught me and gave me that "pleaseeee mom" look



Brandon and I at the Jazz Fest

Leah, Adraienne, and I at JF



My sweet parents enjoying the JF!







No comments:

Post a Comment