Thursday, June 17, 2010

Feeling Froggy!!

Nothing special really happened yesterday. I did however, have to go to the bank after work and I HATE going to the Wachovia here in Auburn!! It's always sooooooo crowded and takes for ever!! Not to mention that I don't get off until 4:45 and it closes at 5:00! Yesterday was a different story though...I pull into the bank and all four lanes where open and on top of that, there was only one car there!! I pull up to the window and the teller is *super duper* nice (never happens). She even completes my transaction in a timely manner and as I'm grabbing my receipt, to my amazement, I GET A SUCKER!!!!!!! I was so excited!! I thought only kids got those and I didn't even know they still did that!!! :D It was the best bank day ever!

Now lucky for Harley, I don't like green suckers *YUCK*...but I'm not going to complain because I really enjoyed watching her eat it!!! Here are a few pics of her enjoying prize from the bank!!


She was kind of unsure about it to begin with...but she eventually gobbled it up!



HAHA! This one cracks me up because she's like "It's all gone Mom!" (and she looks cross eyed!)


So we had spaghetti for dinner...not my choice but Brandon really likes it so that's what we had (even though "it's not as good as sissy's spaghetti" so he says). After dinner, we just sat around watching some TV, local channels might I add...we have been having issues getting locals but we finally got them :) YAY! Harley decided she had to go outside...As I step out my back door, I quickly draw my foot back!!! There were 2 fairly good sized frogs! I usually see one out on the patio every now and then but there were 2 this time. I really don't like frogs but I don't mind them too much...I always wonder where they go during the day...do they live in the ground? Anyway, I decide to get a little brave and I get down on their level and try to get a few pics ...EEEK! I was a little nervous but I was able to get a few pics! We also have those little red/brown beetles too...you know those kind that like to fly into your hair and they are REALLY hard to get out, I HATE THOSE! So here I am flat on my stomach with the camera inches from this frog and a beetle lands on the cement...that frog took off toward it! I freak out and try to get up fast with out either getting on me!!! I soon realized what the frogs are there for! He hopped over there and stretched that tongue out and ate that beetle!!!!! I was so surprised!! I am now grateful that we have frogs because I would much rather have those than those dang beetles ANY DAY!


This is the pic that I was trying to get as he hopped towards my face trying to catch the beetle!!







The 2 of them! I think I might name them!! :)



Also, my nephew Brody had to have a CT scan done today because they thought his brain wasn't draining correctly. Luckily, everything turned out OK! He's just got a noggin' full of knowledge!! :) Here he is below!

1 comment:

  1. you got extremely close to that frog!! they look sooo gross!! ugh!! but i know you are glad to have less beetles because of them!! good to hear your nephew is ok!!

    ReplyDelete